Expanding Your Trade Businesses Footprint through Location Pages
Imagine this: You’re a reputable plumber in Melbourne, with a solid local customer base. Yet, despite your hard-earned reputation, your online presence seems to be caught in a web of ‘best plumbers’ lists.
Enter: Location pages for SEO.
Why should you care? Well, if your services aren’t popping up when someone searches for ‘plumber near me’ or ’emergency plumbing in Melbourne’, then you’re losing out on potential business.
It’s time to take control of your online visibility. Let’s dive into the world of location pages and how they can boost your business.
What are location pages?
Location pages are highly beneficial not only for businesses with physical storefronts but also for service-based businesses that operate at customer locations. They provide essential information about the business’s presence in a particular area, aiding in local SEO efforts and improving visibility in location-specific searches.
- Boost your Google My Business visibility
- Begin ranking in Organic search
- Location specific pages you can run ads to
Examples of Great Location Pages
As we venture further into the world of location pages, it’s always enlightening to learn from the best. The following section will walk you through some prime examples of effective location pages.
The Impact Location Pages Have on Your Business
To truly appreciate the profound influence of well-optimized location pages, let’s delve into the analysis of three businesses we have worked with. By crafting tailored location pages for these enterprises, we have not only boosted their local visibility but also effectively elevated their business growth.
By building out effective location pages for this specific client, it led to a significant surge in their business, with a 452% rise in phone call inquiries and a 66% boost in website traffic.
Creating location pages requires more than just including the ‘suburb’ name. It’s also advisable to develop ‘service + near me’ pages. We applied this approach for this client, which effectively increased their visibility in searches for ‘plumber near me’.
By implementing this strategy of developing specific pages, a notable improvement in visibility on Google My Business can be observed. We utilized this method for a client who is an air conditioning contractor in the Sutherland Shire.
How to Create Them
Preparation is the initial and critical step in crafting effective location pages. It involves creating a comprehensive spreadsheet listing all the locations your business serves. This master document, containing details like city, state, and ZIP code, acts as a foundation for creating location-specific content. By organising this data, the location page creation process becomes smoother, enabling the development of unique and relevant content for each location.
Tip: Search Wikipedia for your target region and copy the suburbs listed
Outlining and writing the content
When constructing location pages, an effective strategy is to mirror the structure of your homepage while ensuring the content is unique and specific to each location. Here are key elements to include:
- Introduction: Begin with a captivating introduction that quickly familiarises the visitor with your business and the specific location.
- Unique Selling Proposition: Clearly explain why potential clients should choose your services. This could include your experience, quality of service, or competitive pricing.
- Address Local Problems: Highlight local issues your service can solve. This demonstrates an understanding of the local context and shows you can provide solutions tailored to their needs.
- Related Services: If you offer multiple services, outline services related to the main one. This offers visitors a holistic understanding of your business capabilities.
- Questions and Answers: Include an FAQ section addressing common questions related to your service. This can boost credibility and clarify any doubts potential clients might have.
- AI-Generated Driving Directions: Use AI technology to provide written driving directions to your business from major points within the service area. This gives the page a local feel and helps visitors visualise the route to your location.
- Call to Action (CTA): Incorporate a clear, compelling CTA that guides users towards the next step, whether it’s booking a consultation, requesting a quote, or making a purchase.
- Video Content: If possible, include a video on your location page. Videos can increase engagement, provide valuable information in an easily digestible format, and give a more in-depth look at your business.
- Unique Optimised Images: Use high-quality, unique images that are optimised for web viewing. Images specific to the location can enhance the local feel of the page.
- Customer Reviews: Showcase testimonials or reviews from customers. These serve as social proof, which can greatly influence a potential client’s decision to choose your services.
- Google Map Embed: Embed a Google Map with directions from your business address to the specific location. This not only reinforces the local nature of the page but also assists users in finding your physical location if necessary.
Putting it together
In this step, you’ll assemble your content and design elements to construct your location page. Focus on creating a user-friendly page that provides relevant information about your business, compelling reasons to choose your services, and includes pertinent graphics. Aim for a blend of informative text, engaging visuals, and intuitive navigation that caters to your potential customers’ needs and preferences.
Building The Pages
Creating location pages can be a manual or automated process, each with its pros and cons.
- Benefits: Customisation is the key advantage. You have complete control over each page, allowing for more unique and personalised content.
- Drawbacks:It’s labour-intensive and time-consuming, especially for businesses targeting multiple locations.
- Benefits: Automated systems, like WP Zinc, let you create hundreds or even thousands of pages swiftly, saving time and effort. This is particularly beneficial for businesses serving extensive areas.
- Drawbacks: There’s a risk of generating generic, less personalised content, potentially impacting the pages’ effectiveness.
At Local Lead Booster, we prefer the automated approach using WP Zinc. It enables us to efficiently create location pages without excessive legwork, while we ensure each page remains high-quality and effective.
When it comes to optimising your location pages, paying attention to key elements can make a significant impact on their visibility and search engine rankings. Here’s a breakdown of how to optimise each aspect:
- Title: Craft a compelling title that includes your location and targeted keywords. Keep it concise and descriptive to attract clicks from search engine users.
- URL: Create clean and user-friendly URLs that incorporate your location and primary keywords. Avoid using excessive numbers or symbols.
- Headings: Structure your content using relevant headings (H1, H2, etc.). Incorporate your keywords naturally within these headings to improve readability and SEO.
- Content: Write high-quality, informative content that addresses the needs and questions of your potential customers. Incorporate your targeted keywords naturally throughout the content, without keyword stuffing.
- Schema: Implement schema markup on your location pages to provide search engines with structured data that enhances the understanding of your content. This can improve the visibility and presentation of your pages in search results.
- Images: Use visually appealing and relevant images on your location pages. Optimise the images by compressing them for web use and adding descriptive alt tags that include your keywords.
Remember, location pages should provide unique and valuable content specific to each location, effectively showcasing why customers should choose your business. Focus on delivering a seamless user experience, incorporating relevant keywords, and optimising various elements such as titles, URLs, headings, content, schema markup, images, and maps.
If you find yourself struggling with the creation and optimisation of your location pages, Local Lead Booster is here to help. Our team of experts specialises in building effective location pages that drive results. Contact us today to learn how we can enhance your local SEO strategy and maximise the visibility of your business online.
Don’t let your location pages go unnoticed. Take action now and unlock the potential of targeted local traffic for your business.